Ever thought of using a kitchen ingredient as a remedy to your beauty related problems? Here is the answer by this one ingredient to all your skin problems. Baking soda is not limited to kitchen use, but you can use it in keeping your skin glow and healthy with efficient use. Find the various uses of baking soda in this article and make your skin shine like never before. Let the miracle happen through this secret ingredient of your beauty. It will help you in vanishing acne, eliminating body odor, your feet happy and lightening blemishes. If you happen to go through any of these problems, well, not anymore. Baking soda is here to your rescue.
Read: Lotion Bar Recipe Without Beeswax (In Detail)
Top 7 Benefits of Baking soda on face
1. Benefits of the Baking soda (Skin Glow)
With the polluted that we live in, it is difficult to have a healthy and glowing skin. We all strive to look beautiful and therefore it is necessary to take some steps and precautions to have the perfect skin we dream of. In addition to a good balanced diet, good water intake, some additional care is essential in order to have the smooth and clear skin. To attain the same, we are easily able to use the baking soda face wash as well as the orange juice and make a pack with the help of which their properties will be able to help in boosting the skin’s collagen and also it will help in the removal of the impurities overall.
Oranges rich in vitamin C which surely adds natural glow for the skin and baking soda for skin helps in gently exfoliating the removal of the layer of dead cells on the skin.
Read: Guide For Making Goat Milk Soap Recipe
How can you use baking soda for face wash
- One (1) tablespoon of the baking soda for skin should be mixed with oranges of double amount for making baking soda face mask.
- The baking soda face mask pack should be evenly applied on face as well as neck
- Wash the baking soda on face of yours before applying the paste
- The paste should be dry before cleaning and that will take around 15 minutes
- With a cotton pad which is wet, the paste should be wiped off and washed with water to clear the residue left, if any.
- The paste of baking soda face wash should be used once in a week for effectiveness and shiny skin.
2. Removing pimples with the help of Baking soda
Baking soda on face has the mild exfoliating property that makes banish acne and pimples from skin. Baking soda on face is safe even after it is diluted with water and it helps in further breakouts on the skin with its anti-bacterial property.
How can you use baking soda on face
- Make a paste with one teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with same amount of water.
- The past should only be applied on the acne, and not the whole face.
- The paste must be left on for 2-3 minutes and luke warm water should be used to wash it.
- This will open your pores of the skin. Gently rubbing an ice cube on the face will increase the effect of the paste.
- The paste should be used twice a week to see better results.
- The paste can also be used on blackheads and whiteheads.
Read: How To Make Lavender Soap: 3 Methods
3. Baking soda for preventing blackheads
Women with oily skin are prone to have more pimples and blackheads because the oil attracts the impurities of the environment. Large pores on the skin increases the chance of more impurities leading to pimples and blackheads. To prevent clogging of dirt, baking soda scrub on can be very beneficial.
How to use baking soda scrub
- Take a spray bottle and add one tablespoon of baking soda to it for making baking soda face scrub.
- Add water to the bottle and shake well for the baking soda face scrub.
- Before spraying the solution on your face, remember to wash your face with cleanser and wipe it completely.
- The solution can be saved for later use.
- If this becomes a daily cleansing ritual, a lot of skin related problems will be solved.
4. Baking soda for removing dead skin cells
The tiny particles of dust tend to settle on our skin and we cannot get rid of them with clean water face wash. A more effective and sustainable cleanser is needed to take those particles out of the skin. Hence, a baking soda face mask using baking powder for face that can be made at home is found very useful.
How to use baking soda face mask
- Mix one tablespoon of water and one tablespoon of baking soda
- A thick, grainy paste will be made to exfoliate the skin which should not be diluted with water.
- Before applying the paste in circular motion, properly wash your face with clean water.
- Once the paste is dry, wash off your face and pat dry.
- Moisturizer can be applied if skin is dry.
- Use once or twice a week for best results.
- Wash the paste immediately, if there is any kind of irritation for more than 5-7 minutes.
5. Baking soda for the Knees as well as dark elbows
Some body parts that are exposed more to the UV rays of sunlight, usually get darker than the tone of your skin. It is essential to have a balanced skin tone all over the body. Use of baking soda on skin and the potato juice will brighten the skin in a more natural way with their bleaching properties.
How to use baking soda on skin
- Take one potato of small size and grate it after peeling.
- Add around 1 teaspoon of the baking soda for face in it after squeezing the juice of the grated potato.
- Stir well and apply the solution to darker spots on the body like, knees, elbows, ankles.
- Wash the solution after 10 minutes of applying. For smooth skin, apply moisturizer.
6. Baking soda eliminating body odour
With the differences in our body type and the functioning, some of us tend to sweat a lot which naturally results in body odour. There is nothing to worry as baking soda on skin is the new savior to it. Due to the anti-bacterial property of baking soda, helps in removing the odour.
How can you use baking soda on skin
- Squeeze juice from a fresh lemon and add a teaspoon of the baking soda to it.
- Make a paste which is thick and apply the paste where you happen to have body odour the most, like neck, underarms, etc.
- Keep the paste for around 15 minutes and have a shower.
- The solution can also be stored and used once daily before shower.
7. Baking soda on the soft feet
Feet of ours are believed to have sensitive skin like many other parts of our body. They require equal amount of attention and care as our face, arms and legs does. Taking special care does not necessarily mean long sessions of pedicure. Baking Soda on skin can make it very simple for you by removing skin cells which are dead with its exfoliating property.
How can you use baking soda on skin
- Fill the bucket half with the help of water which is warm and then you have to add around 3 tablespoons of the baking soda in it
- Soak the feet of yours in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Pumice stone will be helpful to easily exfoliate dead skin.
- Afterwards, wash the feet of yours with clean water.
- Wear socks after applying moisturizer to keep them protected.
- Once in every 15 days is advisory.
Read: Top 12 Best Foundations For Oily Skin
All in All
Beauty is not always about fair skin and sharp features, it only about taking care of the skin you are born with, and keeping it healthy in the environment you live in. We strive for better and grow in those situations and so does our beauty in the real sense of it, without giving importance only to the selected ones. We all are beautiful in our way and it is on our hand to keep that intact with being naturally beautiful.
This was the complete article on baking powder for face. I hope it was helpful to you. If you have any questions related to baking soda on face then you can mention them in the comments down below.