The first bone that you have in your neck is known as the Atlas or the C1. It is a bone which looks like a ring and it is located at the junction point where the neck and the head meet.
The second bone that you have in your neck is known as the Axis or the C2. The combination of both Atlas as well as the Axis is called upper cervical spine. They are close to the central nervous system of the brain of yours as it is called as the brain stem. It does virtually coordinate with all the parts of the body which are vital for the proper functioning of the body.
If there is any kind of damage caused to the connective tissues due to any type of injuries or the accidents, there is a probability of misalignment of the Atlas and the Axis and it can get locked in a position which is not normal and is stressed.
This can result in increase in the pressure, irritation, tension, a little bit of disruption in the flow of blood and also in the circulation of the cerebrospinal fluid. This might also result in the distortion of posture in the lower spine.
If it gets struck in that position for a very long period of time then it is going to cause health problems slowly with time. The spinal misalignment symptoms might be seen after 10 to 15 days.
Now let me give you the list of atlas misalignment symptoms.
We will include of all the symptoms of neck vertebrae out of alignment here and if you suffer from more than 2 symptoms from this list than you should consult a doctor immediately.
Symptoms of Atlas Subluxation Complex
- Pain in neck, Muscle Ache, Stiffness.
- Dizziness, Vertigo, Ringing in ears, Hearing loss.
- Headache at the base of skull which usually radiates to one side of head.
- Migraine with visual disturbance, vomiting, nausea.
- Facial Pain.
- Pain in the shoulders.
- Cannot turn fully.
- Postural Distortion.
- Pain in jaw (Close to ear).
- Rib or chest ache, pain, discomfort.
- Irritation in the nerve root.
- Shoulder pain, arm pain, leg pain which is radiating which could have been developed through the irritation and the nerve root tension.
- Pain the lower back and damage in the spinal disc because of the postural distortion.
- Congestion in brain due to the blockage in the flow of blood, circulation of the cerebrospinal fluid and the drainage of venous.
- Pain in the hips, knees and or even the ankles.
- Disruption in the vagus nerve which can cause disorders in the lung, heart, digestive system, stomach and the bowl.
- High blood pressure.
- Difficulty in sleeping, insomnia and also in some of the cases grinding of the teeth in the night.
So these were the c1 vertebral misalignment symptoms which you should look out for when you have a dought that you are suffering from Atlas Subluxation Complex.
If you feel like that you suffer from more than 2 symptoms that are given here then you should visit a specialist as soon as possible.
All in All
So this was the complete article on the symptoms of the Atlas Subluxation Complex and if you have any suggestion then you can mention it in the comments down below. Also you can mention you views related to this topic in the comments as well.